CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

fifth grade maturation

Okay,so I never thought the day would come when I would attend the fifth grade boys maturation program. One reason is because I feel that it is the dad's job! The other reason is that, how can I possibly be old enough to have a child that is maturing enough to need guidance through the process?
Well, Jason couldn't attend (or so he said) and I found myself alone in a sea of testosterone and not in a good way lest you be reminded of my single days. Now, I consider myself a fairly mature women and not inclined to get the giggles even when the "p" word is said. which is more than I can say for Jason. But a room full of fifth grade boys and their dads discussing wet dreams is more than any girl should have to take!
Ridge was crouched in a corner acting like he didn't know me even when his friends kept pointing to me and yelling "hey, there's you're mom!" I didn't blame him, I was having a hard time making eye contact myself. Having been married for 13 years I wouldn't consider myself necessarily naive but there was information passed out that I would have been okay never being aware of. no, really.

2 comments:

Debra Darling said...

Seriously, Joey, can you say "awkward"?
We feel horrible for both you AND Ridge. TJ is positive his parents were NEVER invited to the maturation program. That would have been absolute torture.

Jami said...

I'm still laughing myself sick! I'm starting to think there is a reason that we have no boys . . .