CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Things I'm not ready for






It's been a busy, crazy summer full of things I really never thought would happen. Like my twenty year homecoming at good o'l Spanish Fork High, and my oldest child in sixth grade, (sixth grade!), and my baby going off to preschool. I turned around and twenty years flew by! The next thing I knew I came in to find out what my kids were cracking up about only to find them perusing our yearbooks! I used to be cool. I mean, not as cool as Jason-mullet-peck-Payne cool, but who is?



So, when are you ready for your son to mercilessly mock you about being nearly 40? Or attend your high school drill team reunion and find yourself with the "older" 80's crowd where they teach you a military dance because your not flexible enough for the hip-hop the 2000's are doing?



I had a blast from the past kind of a weekend during SFHS homecoming. Our class did an assembly where we showed them what living in the 80's was really like! Then our drill team put on the half-time show for the football game. It was almost like being back in high school, except this time Angie and I didn't try to sneak out of the block after half time to get ready for the Palace, and I actually watched the game sitting next to a big stud from our high school (alot of you know him as Jason). Good times.

3 comments:

Jami said...

Okay, but the whole 20 years thing aside, it's GOT to make you feel better knowing you look even better now in that drill team uniform than you did in high school!

I can't believe you haven't told me all about the whole homecoming assembly yet! I need details! Loved these pictures, by the way.

shana said...

Dang! I am so sad that I missed it! And I agree with Jami, I think you looked great in that uniform!

Dona said...

Great blog post. Great pictures. Too bad you were sitting with the right guy but at the wrong school. Wouldn't you rather be a devil?
How about that haircut?